This week’s classes are focusing on building back strength. Deep, easy breathing and freedom of movement are only possible with a healthy spine. Yoga helps you to increase the flexibility and movement in the spinal joints whilst also improving the strength of the muscles supporting this delicate structure. Join us for some strengthening, stretching, lengthening, posture-improving, and most importantly, relaxing.
This week’s classes will be focusing on building shoulder, arm and wrist strength…. and we will also be talking about practising yoga without strain and listening to your body. This includes taking a rest when your body tells you to – mountain pose, child pose, swan, and lying down are all good resting poses in between other more vigorous postures.
The theme of this week’s classes is STRONG LEGS AND BEING GROUNDED
Having strength in your legs and a strong connection to the ground is important physically for:
- balance and efficiency within the body
…and being grounded is also important for your mental wellbeing, it helps you to be:
- in the present moment
- balanced in your everyday life
The theme for this week’s classes is ‘Standing tall and lengthening‘….length in your spine and good posture are important in so many ways…
– providing more space for your vertebrae resulting in greater freedom of movement and reducing pain,
– increasing the room for your lungs enabling you to breathe better,
– minimising strain on muscles, bones and joints, lessening fatigue in the body,
– making you feel more confident, stronger and more positive.